The engineers at Embedded Systems Academy are experienced, knowledgeable, accessible and competent. We provide a wide range of consulting services to fit your needs. Some example technologies we work with are:
- 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers, including 8051, XC16x, ColdFire, ARM and ARM Cortex
- Assembler, C, C++, C# and Python
- A wide range of embedded compilers, such as Keil, GNU and CodeWarrior
- Embedded real-time operating systems, Windows CE, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and Linux
- Embedded TCP/IP stacks
- Controller Area Network (CAN) and higher layer protocols such as CANopen
We specialize in development work relating to the CAN bus and CANopen. We develop tools to assist engineers in working with the CAN bus, as well as writing articles and a highly regarded book on the subject. Our experience with CAN is extensive and will quickly get your project on course to completion.
Request a quote for consulting work.
Customized CANopen Implementations
We offer customized CANopen node software for various aspects of this high performance and reliable industrial network.
Many of our clients require confidentiality, however a brief list of some past and current clients includes:
- NXP Semiconductors
- General Electric
- General Motors
- Schneider Electric
- Delphi-Delco Automotive
- Infineon Technologies
- John Deere
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Siemens Automotive
References are available on request.
We have been involved with a wide range of projects, including:
- Embedded networking for medical devices
- Serial communication bridges between different technologies
- Embedded monitoring and test tools
- Industrial RFID scanning and reporting
- Ship-based Diesel engine monitoring
- Communications co-processor development
- Serial network design and configuration
- PC development tool design and implementation. Examples include:
- PC tools for reprogramming of microcontrollers via UART, CAN and Ethernet. Examples include: